Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Welcome Home Daddy!




The other week Ross had to go back to Ida Grove with my parents to help my dad paint the Lutheran Church. He was gone for 10 days:( During that time we managed to squeeze in some swimming, go the parks, football practices and games, and Kelton got the flu!......that was the start of it. Next I got a horrible cold, that completely wiped me out!! Kaden had the flu next, then Kya, and I just picked Kiera up from school (now she has it)!

Ross and I my dad got done sooner than they thought so he was able to get an earlier flight home:) The kids and I planned a whole "date" night. We made the table all fancy, with wine glasses, chargers, table linens.... the works. We had chocolate covered strawberries for starters. I made Chili and cinnamon rolls for supper, only because I could make it ahead of time so when he got home I didn't have to do anything but enjoy or family time:) We ate supper early, headed out for a game of miniature golf, and then back home for banana splits and sundaes for dessert....YUMMY!!!! The kids thought it was so fun and already asking when we can do it again..... I think we will soon, we all had a ton of fun:)

3 comments:

Jodi Lansink said...

Wow---that is awesome! Wish I had half the energy to do all that---(someday)----what fun memories! I am sure it is nice to have Ross back!

Anonymous said...

Well, what a sweet Wife and Mom you are! The table looked very pretty and the meal sounds delicious! I bet Ross was excited to know he was missed so much that you all went to all of that work! I bet it's nice having your husband home again!

The Hamann Family said...

That is sweet!! :) I am sure it was super fun for the kids too! :) Hope everyone is feeling better now!