Thursday, March 5, 2009

Who knew....

UPDATE: Kiera is loving the Ivy and Bean book. Kaden finished his 218 page book all yesterday, so I am headed back to the book store to get the others in the series. It is amazing how much more a child like to read when it's the right book:) .....


Today was a quiet day around the house......well sort of. Kiera stayed home from school just for another day of rest. She was feeling much better, but since today was an early out (11 am) I thought she might as well rest for one more day, especially since she woke up complaining about her head and throat hurting. At 10:30 I got a call from the school nurse, I instantly thought that Kaden was sick all over again.......she was just calling to let me know that Kaden was in the nurses room and needed clean clothes, he fell in the mud at PE and needed clean shorts, socks, and shoes.

After a delicious Mac & Cheese lunch we rode bikes outside, went to RedBox, and then to Costco. At costco we got a few books for the kids. Kaden got the Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and Kiera got a series of Ivy and Bean books.


They look adorable!!! I was very disappointed that she didn't want me to read them to her. So I am going to be patient and wait till she is done with the first book so that Kya and I can enjoy them together! They read the whole way home. After about 20 minutes I suggested they take a break. Kelton took a nap, the girls went out to ride bikes, and Kaden was on the computer, and I was inside and out checking on kids, doing laundry and such. I got really nervous when I couldn't find Kaden, to my surprise I found him like this:




Tonight we are grilling cheese burgers, chips, and strawberry pretzel dessert. YUMMY!! Then we are snuggling in to watch Madagascar 2 as a family.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christi - sounds like you had a great day enjoying the gorgeous weather! That's cute about Kaden reading so much - guess it must be a really good book!

Jodi Lansink said...

Fun day! Cute pics of all the kids---they all look very happy!!!! That is cute with Kaden and his book!

The Hamann Family said...

How cute! :) Sounds like everyone is doing great!! :) Love all of the pics!