Monday, January 5, 2009

Pinnacle Peak

The kids have been wanting to go hiking since we got here. So last week we went to the mountain close to our house, walking through raw dessert on indian reservation to accomplish a goal..... climb a mountain. We manage to climb a small mountain and the kids had a blast.

New's Years Eve we wandered up North to Pinnacle Peak to tackle this mountain:


They have a trail and it was very cool....... we made to the highest point and then decided to turn around and try to tackle all of it next time.




As you can see, the view are awesome.

5 comments:

The Hamann Family said...

How amazing!!! I bet that was beautiful! Sounds like you all had a good time from talking to you on the phone... glad you are taking advantage of fun stuff like that!! Lucky you! :)

tricia said...

Looks like everyone enjoyed their climb! Great scenery!

Jodi Lansink said...

Looks beautiful there!!! I think it is awesome that the weather is nice and you have so many opportunities to get out and do fun stuff! I want to move too!!!!!! :(

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you did all that!!! See any snakes? I'll bet you make enough noise to scare them away. Glad you're having fun.

Elaine

Anonymous said...

How fun and way to go Ladwigs! You guys will be regular Peak Climbers before 2009 is over! Love the pictures - it looks beautiful!