Tuesday, January 20, 2009

FooTbAll, HoUsE, and ZOo oh my!

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh1Q0_WoKVkT5isgjM41yksWM0Uqawky3dnOZLkyhNAcYf4EAN0-Fw1H5tUbOPYoc6vfpsxbCZIY6-HWrxDQ_J1XqjOxNVQXHa2WKUdAB4npMzNyP_xxHPZ7jv3PFYISyiX6bFUuKjBIqPT/s1600-h/IMG_0757.JPG">

Football keeps us quite busy. Kaden has 2 hour practices 3 days a week. Games are every Saturday!! They currently have a 1-1 record. He is really enjoying himself. The kids and parents on his team are really great!! Since their are 3 Kaden's on his team, our Kaden's name is now Iowa.........to everyone. I think there are several people who don't even know his real name:)


I'm not quite ready to take house pictures, but things are really coming together. The drywall is all patched, cabinets are in, paint is done, and carpet is in. We are working on getting things hung on the walls and furniture arranged. We are just waiting on granite. Hopefully it will be able to be in by the time Ron and Tricia come the end of the month:) The kids are WAY excited to see them!!!!!We all are!!!

While the painting was getting done, I took the kids out to the Phoenix Zoo. IT WAS AWESOME!! The kids had a great time. It is ranked in the top 5 best zoo for kids, and I see why. You can ride your bike through, you can rent paddle boats, there are fun thing to stop and play on EVERYWHERE, and the exhibits are really nice as well. The monkey's aren't near as nice as Omaha's (Theirs is really hard to beat!!!!) but still lots of fun to watch.




(Notice Kelton's hammer??? That kid does NOT go ANYWHERE without one of his tools from his tool set he got for Christmas. I'm not joking........They are in the bathroom with him, swimming, the car, riding bikes, taking the kids to school, he seriously falls asleep with them in his hand.)

This week Ross is in Iowa finishing up a job, and we are managing here with upper 70 degree weather. Yesterday the kids didn't have school so we baked cookies, rode bikes outside, went to the pool, played games, and out to chick-fil-a for supper. We had a fun day together!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear your house is coming along - hopefully it won't be too much longer before it's all done.

That's cute about the nickname they gave Kaden for football! My nephew is 10 and we always go to all of his games and it's quite exciting to see them playing so young. It's amazing to see the progress they make from year to year.

How fun that you get to go swimming and be outside riding bikes - we unfortunately have had some cold weather here - so none of that until spring/summer!

tricia said...

Glad to hear that the kids are settling in and that you are finding lots of fun things to do. Grandpa was tickled by Kaden's football nickname!

Jodi Lansink said...

Looks like things are falling into place and Arizona is the place to be!!! I am sure your kids are loving all there is to do!

The Hamann Family said...

Sounds like lots of fun! Glad to hear the house is coming along!! :) I am sure you can't wait for it to be done! We are enjoying seeing Ross even if it is a "VERY LITTLE" while he is here! Love the pics!!

Candi Ladwig said...

I was laughing to myself before I read your comment about the hammer! Too cute!!

I can not believe how old Kaden seems in his football gear! Wow, he's growing up!!

Unknown said...

Enjoyed your blog. The pix are great.
Glad the weather is nice there. It
sucks in IOWA.