Sunday, January 27, 2008

Star of the Show


Saturday night the kids went Papa Ron and G-ma Tricia's for a sleepover. The kids were very excited, and Ross and I were looking forward to dinner and time with friends with no kids. A BIG THANK YOU to Ross' parents. We had a great time..... I think. Let me explain. After dinner, we went to the Ida Bowl (the classy IG bowling alley) for a hypnotism show. He needed 10 volunteers and ten people went up, and I thought I would try it in my seat. Next thing I know, 1 1/2 hours later I was walking off stage, and EVERYONE was telling me all kinds of stories, and laughing like crazy and telling me I was the star of the show. So, it may seem like a compliment, but until I get the video of the show and can watch it myself, I'm a little on edge. A few of the things I was told I participated in were; a body building competition, a smelly mess, giggle juice shots, protecting the hypnotist...... with this one I was pushing one of the ladies I go to bible study with, back in her chair, and yelling in her face, and I'm sure there were several more. After the show we talked to several of the locals, and then headed home. I must say it was quite nice being able to stay in bed until 9:30!!

7 comments:

tricia said...

It was our pleasure. I truly think we could have had a "movie marathon" for a the whole night!!

art said...

Oooh!!! I would like to see that video too! ;) How fun!!! Glad you guys had a good time!!!

Candi Ladwig said...

Can't wait to see the video :) You guys are finding more to do than us now a days!!

Candi Ladwig said...

I just realized... YOU FORGOT YOUR CAMERA!!! This picture is from the skate party!! Cheater, cheater!! :)

{find joy in the journey} said...

Candi, what do you mean I forgot my camera????? I had it the whole weekend. Didn't you notice the classy bowling lockers in the background????

Jodi Lansink said...

Wish we were there...can't wait to see the video---if you are letting people watch it :)

Anonymous said...

Would love to see that video!