Friday, June 29, 2007

TUG-OF-WAR


Wow, what a day! It started off great with fun plans. We were suppose to go to the mall to do a little shopping, and then meet up with friends for lunch, and then all go to the park. Instead we spend the past 4 hours at the doctor. While we were at the mall Kaden and Kiera were playing tug-of-war with Kya's arms, they let go, she fell and instantly started shrieking. I tried to calm her down but nothing was working. I borrowed a lady's cell phone in the mall parking lot (since I still haven't got a new one) called our pediatrician...... no available appointments, called our family physician..... no available appointments. So we all headed to the walk-in clinic. After about a hour wait we saw a doctor that then sent us to radiology. After x-rays and waiting to get the films back we were back off to the other doctor for another wait. He then sent us upstairs to a pediatric surgoen. During this whole time I had all four kids by myself, they were hungry, Kya was crying (screaming) most of the time, they were mad because we were missing our playdate. The vending machines wouldn't take fives or tens.....of course, the only thing I had. I finally was able to get enough change for a small bag of chips and cookies. Wow, what a lunch. Any way, we found out that she fractured her radial something????, basically one of the bones in her elbow joint. OUCH! She will be in a sling for about 3 weeks, that's when we go back to the doctor.

4 comments:

Candi Ladwig said...

Rough day huh, Kya?? The face in the picture says it all!

Jodi Lansink said...

WOW! They pulled hard enough to injure her arm! That was a pretty hard tug of war! Poor thing....

Oh....are you getting a call phone now??!! I love that you had to ask a stranger to borrow her phone! :-)

Jodi Lansink said...

After reading it again...it was the fall that hurt her arm...not the pulling...right??!! Silly me! Still.....what a rough day!

tricia said...

What a "trooper" you are, Kya. Grandpa and I send lots of "feel better" wishes your way!!!:)