Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Popsicle Stick Jobs


I've decided that Kaden, Kiera, and for the most part Kya, are all ready to take on a few household responsibilities. Every morning they will pick two popsicle sticks that tell them which jobs they need to complete for the day. Some of them are a little harder or more time consumer than others, but NOTHING is more than they can handle. Most of the jobs are just a real quick, do it, and then its done, type of job. The kids are super excited about it!!! While we were at it we put in some sticks that are tipped black, those sticks are for any time that someone comes to me and says, "I'm bored, what can I do?" They can pull a stick will an activity on it, that sometimes gets by-passed with our warm, sunny, outside days.

3 comments:

Jodi Lansink said...

What a great idea!!! Not a bad idea to give them some responsibility----and when kids are that age...they love to help out!!! Good job!

The Hamann Family said...

love this idea~! :)

tricia said...

I bet they wqill feel pretty good about themselves, too. Cute idea!