Sunday, May 30, 2010

Well.....

Well lets see......
I have no GOOD excuses for not posting, I suppose just pure Laziness. Once I get so far behind, I think of how long it will take to get caught up and just keep putting it off, and off, and off. I really haven't been that good at taking pictures lately either:( A very quick recap of our lives for the past few months:

Ross has been working very hard, and has been gone ALOT!!

Kaden has enjoyed playing baseball, and basketball with all the neighborhood kids- it's not uncommon to have 12-15 kids in our driveway.

Kiera and Kya have been busy making "projects" and improving their gymnastic skills.

Kelton has been busy being my big "helper" when Ross is gone. If I need to fix something or don't know where something is- I just ask him and he seems to know where Ross keeps everything in the garage:)

Me: I've been very busy with my friends which is nice. It seems that "my group" makes sure that I get out and enjoy their company so I don't go insane when Ross is out of town for weeks at a time. We have weekly dinner dates (with kids) and then weekly park dates, and then also all get together at the pool a couple times a week. The kids and I enjoy playing games with each other and watching movies and eating popcorn cuddled on the couch!

Its getting to be that time in the year where we spend a ton of time at the pool. The last day of school is Wednesday. Our summer plans include going to the weekly cheap movies on Wednesdays, the girls have gymnastics on Tuesdays, and Kya and Kaden are in a reading group on Monday afternoons, and alot of rest of the time will be spend poolside. We are hoping to make a trip back to Iowa, but unfortunely the ticket prices haven't been that great, so we haven't been able to book anything yet:(

I almost forgot, Ross surprised the kids with a new puppy as well. He is an adorable cockapoo, named Hudson. He sure has helped the kids and my heart heal.....









7 comments:

tricia said...

Thanks for the post. I check it everyday hoping there will be something new. Hudson is the perfect additional to your family.

Amy Walter said...

Looks and sounds like you have been busy! Your new puppy is adorable! Love the pictures! Glad to see you posted!!!

The Hamann Family said...

YEAH!!! So glad to see an update!! :) - - Not that I don't talk to you often :), But it's just nice to see some pics of everyone!!! :) Hope you all have a great summer... bet the kids are excited for school to get out! THANKS for posting - - love all the pics! And great to see Hudson again - - I will be showing the boys!! :)

Jodi Lansink said...

Glad to see you back in the blogging world!! I love to see what you guys are up to---since you are so far away :(

Hudson is ADORABLE!!! Sounds like a busy and fun summer!!

Jodi Lansink said...

Ellie checks your blog all the time and today she says----Mom, I wish Christi would update her blog. Just saying...

Jodi Lansink said...

Ellie checks your blog all the time and today she says----Mom, I wish Christi would update her blog. Just saying...

tricia said...

Grandpa and I just wanted to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!