Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Goodbye Furry Friend....



Monday morning we woke up, and started our day busy as normal. I looked out the window and noticed that Beau was just lying in a rain puddle. I knocked, and knocked, then starting banging on the window and he wouldn't move. Ross went out to check on him and he was not good. He had thrown up several times, and could barely walk. We moved him to the garage thinking he just needed some rest and to get warm and dry. We checked on him after about 15 minutes and we found blood, lots of blood. We called the Vet and rushed him right over there. They gave him medication for the pain, which they said he was in a lot, and ran several test.... including e-rays. Ross and I had to face the VERY, VERY hard decision of putting him down. We don't know for sure what caused him to get sooo sick at such a young age, but know we made the right choice. He was not going get better!! All of us are taking it quite hard, especially the kids.

I already miss the pitter-patter of those big feet on our tile floor. The comfort and company of him lying on the floor in whatever room I was in, will be especially missed when Ross is out of town. It was such a good feeling to know he was by my side at night, even though he was a big marshmellow, most people got scared after looking at him.








4 comments:

Jodi Lansink said...

Awww....that is so sad. I am sure you all miss him. My favorite picture you should post is the one of Beau and Kya on the counch when you lived in IG!

Hang in there!

tricia said...

It is only a matter of minutes before your pet becomes a part of your family. We all will miss Beau but wouldn't have wanted him to suffer. That's what makes memories so special! Love & Prayers to All of You!!

Amy Walter said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry Christi - that is terrible. It sounds like you guys did the right thing so he wouldn't have to suffer any longer - but that doesn't make it any easier. He was such a cute dog and I'm sure a big member of the family that will be missed. I'm so sorry!

The Hamann Family said...

awww... seeing this post makes me so sad! I know how hard it is to lose a pet and it breaks my heart that you are all going thru this! I think of Ralph all the time and miss him... and I know how hard it is on my kids too, so hug up on those little Ladwig kids and tell them how sorry we are and how sad we are for them. Hang in there! :(