Tuesday, November 3, 2009

2009 Halloween!


Kaden- Zombie, Kya- Belle, Kiera- Sharpay, Kelton- Captain Hook





We were sad that Ross couldn't be here to celebrate this fun holiday with us, but we managed to have a good time. The Jacksons invited us up to their neighborhood for a street potluck and then trick or treating. We had yummy snacks, soups, dips and desserts. The kids had a great time playing with all their friends in the street, including double dutch jump roping.....man its been awhile since I've done that. The one guy was amazing at it......turns, flips, all out, it was Great fun to watch!!

Trick or treating is definitely WAY different down here. First off, we weren't bundled up so much that you couldn't even see our costumes. We actually enjoyed our evening with NO extra clothing. Second, People decorate like CRAZY- I wish I would have taken some pictures- seriously people go ALL OUT. And last, my favorite part, people don't stand in their house waiting for their doorbell to ring. Everyone sits outside in their driveway with Halloween music, and most, beside a fire pit!! It was really cool, completely different experience. Completely relaxed, and enjoying the great weather. I'm already looking forward to it next year.

4 comments:

Jodi Lansink said...

Sounds like a fun Halloween---and I must admit, it looks odd to me that your kids have tank tops on------when ours were bundled all up!!! Wish it was the same here! :)

tricia said...

They really look cute! I'm glad they had a great time!

Candi Ladwig said...

Good weather on Halloween would be great!! :)

Amy Walter said...

All of your kids look so cute dressed up for Halloween!